This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin 1.7.0-19 (was Re: New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:18:41 +0200
- Subject: Cygwin 1.7.0-19 (was Re: New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2)
- References: <20080717155516.GC5675@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 17 17:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> again I would like to encourage the Cygwin maintainers, to try the new
> Cygwin 1.7.0 release and to look for problems in their packages which
> might be a result of the fairly massive changes in Cygwin 1.7. I
> attached a list of the changes below. The latest changes are:
> - Changes in mkpasswd/mkgroup and in seteuid() should result in more
> correct user tokens in AD domains. Try the LSA module.
> - Case-sensitivity on NTFS and NFS and mount option "posix=[0|1]".
> - Remove CYGWIN=ntsec and CYGWIN=smbntsec options in favor of a mount
> option "acl"/"noacl".
I just uploaded 1.7.0-19. I made the following changes
- Workaround for the problem Eric reported, a "permission denied" when
creating files on a Samba shares mounted with "acl" option (default,
replacement for CYGWIN=ntsec option, see comment in default /etc/fstab
- Removed the CYGWIN=binmode option. We're now always using binmode
for pipes and stuff.
- ls // now lists all SMB servers in all accessible domains and workgroups,
instead of just the servers in the machine's member domain or workgroup.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com