This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in cygperl5_8.dll
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:09:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in cygperl5_8.dll
- References: <email@example.com> <20080714100937.GB28868@calimero.vinschen.de> <20080714101829.GA30660@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:18:29PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul 14 12:09, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Jul 14 02:33, TB2 wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > It's a fresh vista ultimate 64bit install and I installed cygwin with
>> > standard options + irssi, screen and rxvt. Everything working; rxvt and even
>> > screen, but irssi crashes instantly upon execution, no matter if I use cmd
>> > or rxvt as the shell, or if I start it remotely over ssh.
>> > The error code is 0x00000135
>> > File: cygperl5_8.dll
>> I assume it's 0xC0000135 and it means DLL not found. It looks like you
>> need Perl 5.8 for irssi to run. Try to downgrade perl to 5.8.8-4 using
>> setup.exe for now.
>this sounds like a serious problem with the new perl release to me.
>It breaks backward compatibility be just removing a DLL other packages
>might rely upon. If perl 5.10 is meant to be backward compatible with
>5.8, shouldn't it offer a cygperl5_8.dll as well, for instance, a
>hardlink? However, wouldn't it be better in the long run to have a
FWIW, this has probably been the #1 problem on #cygwin irc channel at
freenode.net. I've been suggesting that people should send email to the
correct forum. It's nice (I guess) to see that someone finally did.