This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in cygperl5_8.dll
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:18:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in cygperl5_8.dll
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080714100937.GB28868@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 14 12:09, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 14 02:33, TB2 wrote:
> > Hi,
> > It's a fresh vista ultimate 64bit install and I installed cygwin with
> > standard options + irssi, screen and rxvt. Everything working; rxvt and even
> > screen, but irssi crashes instantly upon execution, no matter if I use cmd
> > or rxvt as the shell, or if I start it remotely over ssh.
> > The error code is 0x00000135
> > File: cygperl5_8.dll
> I assume it's 0xC0000135 and it means DLL not found. It looks like you
> need Perl 5.8 for irssi to run. Try to downgrade perl to 5.8.8-4 using
> setup.exe for now.
this sounds like a serious problem with the new perl release to me.
It breaks backward compatibility be just removing a DLL other packages
might rely upon. If perl 5.10 is meant to be backward compatible with
5.8, shouldn't it offer a cygperl5_8.dll as well, for instance, a
hardlink? However, wouldn't it be better in the long run to have a
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com