This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] libXft/libXft2/libXft-devel-2.1.7: A client-side font API for X applications
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:09:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ITA] libXft/libXft2/libXft-devel-2.1.7: A client-side font API for X applications
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <47FC2439.540BB2D7@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Brian Dessent wrote:
> As Angelo tried to report on the wrong mailing list, this is totally
> broken. How are you supposed to compile any X11 apps after installing
> this package, without manually adding -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 to
> CPPFLAGS? Simply installing libXft-devel causes all the X11 headers to
> no longer work, because the only thing left under /usr/include/X11 is
> now Xft/.
Furthermore, with the current situation, if you install libXft-devel and
then reinstall xorg-x11-devel, the libXft headers (and anything else you
might have installed in the directory /usr/include/X11) are deleted when
the symlink is remade! That is clearly broken. You can't have two
packages sharing ownership of a directory like that. Please fix.