This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] jasper: JPEG 2000 library
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:18:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITA] jasper: JPEG 2000 library
- References: <email@example.com> <20080401091958.GN4468@calimero.vinschen.de>
>>>>> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On Apr 1 00:25, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>> I would like to adopt and maintain the 'jasper' package from Gerrit P.Haase and
>> split it into 'jasper/libjasper17011/libjasper-devel' packages.
> Huh? libjasper*17011*? Did we have so many versions of libjasper already? ;)
> Just out of curiosity, what does this big number mean here?
Actually I forgot to ask on the list before packaging. But it's not too
late. I can still repackage if we sort it out.
The actual source package is jasper-1.701.0.zip. The cygwin release will
be revision 2.
libtool for jasper-1.701.0 creates cygjasper-1-701-1.dll
So how should we name the corresponding library package:
libtool for jasper-1.900.1 creates cygjasper-1.dll
In this case we have libjasper1-1.900.1-1.tar.bz2