This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] rzip 2.1 -- Compression program to use long distance redundencies in files
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:58:32 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] rzip 2.1 -- Compression program to use long distance redundencies in files
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> >>>>> Jari Aalto writes:
> > Included in Debain stable
> > http://packages.debian.org/rzip
> > Jari
> > sdesc: "Compression program to use long distance redundencies in files"
> > ldesc: "A compression program able to take advantage of long distance
> > redundancies in files, allowing greater compression ratios. rzip uses
> > a history buffer of up to 900MB, while gzip uses 32KB and bzip2 uses
> > 900KB. rzip cannot read from the standard input or write to the
> > standard output."
> > category: Utils
> > requires: cygwin libbz2_1
> Builds fine from source, packaging and setup.hint look good.
Minor typo in the sdesc: it's "redundancies", not "redundencies".
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the whole
Torah; the rest is commentary. Go and study it." -- Rabbi Hillel