This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug-coreutils date command
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Richard Narum <rnarum at ae-solutions dot com>
- Cc: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 08:00:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: bug-coreutils date command
- References: <156360818.26571196782620813.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
[ reply moved from bug-coreutils@ to cygwin-apps@ ]
Richard Narum wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt comments. I did not have tzcode installed. I installed 2007h-1 and I had to use TZ="America/Chicago" and all is well now. I checked dates back to 1974 and they match to a tee.
That sounds like a packaging bug, shouldn't tzcode be in the Base
category so that it's always installed? Looking at the current
setup.ini, I see that no package calls for the tzcode package explicitly
so unless the user knows to select it, it will never be installed.