This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] getmail 4.7.7 -- mail retriever with support for POP3, IMAP4 and SDPS
- From: Jari Aalto <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:04:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] getmail 4.7.7 -- mail retriever with support for POP3, IMAP4 and SDPS
- References: <email@example.com> <20071203094440.GC7832@calimero.vinschen.de>
* Mon 2007-12-03 Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
* Message-Id: 20071203094440.GC7832@calimero.vinschen.de
> On Nov 30 19:03, Jari Aalto wrote:
>> Included in Debian stable
>> sdesc: "mail retriever with support for POP3, IMAP4 and SDPS"
>> ldesc: "A simple replacement for fetchmail. It retrieves mail (either all
>> messages, or only unread messages) from one or more POP3/IMAP4/SDPS
>> servers for one or more email accounts, and reliably delivers into a
>> qmail-style Maildir, mbox file or to a command (pipe delivery) like
>> maildrop or procmail, specified on a per-account basis. getmail also
>> has support for domain (multidrop) mailboxes."
>> category: Mail Python
>> requires: cygwin python
>> a) manual
>> wget \
>> http://cygwin.cante.net/getmail/getmail-4.7.7-1-src.tar.bz2 \
>> http://cygwin.cante.net/getmail/getmail-4.7.7-1.tar.bz2 \
> Why is it called getmail4 in debian? Is that something we should
> do as well?
There was version leap from 3.x to 4.x, so they packaged latest
getmail4 separately. I don't think we need 3.x.
> I'm also wondering if this tool isn't supposed to handle POP3 and
> IMAP over SSL. Does it? If so, is it missing a dependency to
> openssl or is that handled by the dependency to python?
I assume Python includes that. From the getmail.README
Supported protocols: POP3, POP3-over-SSL, IMAP4, IMAP4-over-SSL,
and SDPS mail.
This text is now in setup.hint too.
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines