This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Upload: pinfo-0.6.9-1 [Was: Package maintainer list]
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:29:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: Upload: pinfo-0.6.9-1 [Was: Package maintainer list]
- References: <email@example.com> <6qefa3p56qk1mhloeiknra3u60pf21pf1j-e09XROEfirstname.lastname@example.org> <46A7BCF2.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <46A7C3B3.email@example.com> <46A83BDD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070726074048.GE19692@calimero.vinschen.de> <46A85BE6.email@example.com> <46AA2B32.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46B0C200.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 07:25:20PM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>Lapo Luchini wrote:
>> It does indeed need libiconv and libintl, but it currently links them
>> I'll investigate that a bit further and either convince it to use the
>> shared ones or correct the setup.hint.
>OK, I failed to convince it so far.
>Given the fact that 5-25 August I will be between sand and sun with a
>dozen of friends (and my internet access will be sporadic)... should we
>release the currently packaged and working but statically linked
>pinfo-0.6.9-1 and then do a iconv-intl-shared-using pinfo-0.6.9-2 with
>more time when I return, or do you think it is so important to use the
>shared libs right now?
>Your call... both do perfectly fine for me.
I'd say this is actually your call. If you are ok with linking them
statically, I see no reason why you shouldn't do so.