This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] PHP 5.1.4 (cli, cgi-fcgi, apache2)
- From: "Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 17:02:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] PHP 5.1.4 (cli, cgi-fcgi, apache2)
- References: <4482D537.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Max Bowsher wrote:
> # php-apache2
> category: Web
> requires: php apache2
> external-source: php
> sdesc: "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (Apache 2 module)"
> ldesc: "PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is
> especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML."
May I suggest that this package be named apache2-php instead? Since it
is a apache2 module, it would seemingly be easier to find together with
everything else apache2-*.
Of course, surely someone will come up with a good reason why
php-apache2 makes more sense, and more certainly, either way will be
bound to lead to questions by those expecting the opposite. :-)