This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] util-linux
- From: "Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:15:01 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ITP] util-linux
- References: <4404D661.email@example.com> <20060301093253.GH3184@calimero.vinschen.de>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> blockdev? I have some doubts...
The --getsize command works, but that's about it. I guess I'll remove it.
> What do you do with fsck backends w/o fsck and w/o OS support?
AFAIK fsck is just a frontend. I tested mkfs.minix and fsck.minix, and
they appear to be working.
> mkswap works under Windows?
> How did you link sln statically?
'gcc -static'? :-) Of course, it still requires cygwin1.dll, but is
statically linked against libintl. I guess it's not a pressing need,
but it does work.
> Since clear is available in ncurses, we shouldn't add another one,
> even if it's a script.
> cytune? Hmm.
> flock won't work w/o advisory locks.
> ipcrm and ipcs are part of the cygwin package and I'd rather keep them
> logger is part of inetutils and I'd like to keep it there.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----