This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: beta setup.exe (Attn: setup maintainer)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:49:58 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: beta setup.exe (Attn: setup maintainer)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Carl Karsten wrote:
> > Re: RFC: [ITP] Installation Profiles packages
> > Its done.
> What is the process for releasing beta versions of setup.exe?
> If someone will post a URL, I'll be happy to run it on a test box.
When the patch is officially accepted into CVS, a new setup snapshot
should (theoretically) be generated, at which point you'll find it at
<http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/>. We've been lax in doing this for
the last few significant functionality improvements (Brian, can we please
get a setup snapshot?). Until then, feel free to do what I've been doing:
compile setup yourself, and provide a snapshot on the web.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA