Re: RFC: [ITP] Installation Profiles packages

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Nov  8 18:13, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > > Assuming that Corinna agrees, I'm willing to put these in a directory in
> > > release.
>
> I like the idea.
>
> > > I'd like to get some consensus on the name "Profiles", though.  Is that
> > > adequately intuitive?
> >
> > That's one of the things I wanted suggestions on.
>
> The main problem is to get the user to notice that this is something
> special.  I had a long hard look into the chooser window and it's
> not only that this meta category should come first, it should also
> be an eye catcher by its own, IMHO.
>
> Therefore I'd like to propose an all uppercase name for this category.
>
>   DEFAULT-PROFILES
>   USER-PROFILES

We'll need to put a space or an '@' at the beginning to ensure sort order,
but otherwise I like the ALL-CAPS idea (in fact, the packages also ought
to be ALL-CAPS, maybe with dashes in the category and the underscores in
packages, or vice versa).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/