This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New application proposal - git-core SCM
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, Tim O'Callaghan <timo at dspsrv dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 02:31:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: New application proposal - git-core SCM
- References: <email@example.com> <20051012173134.GD20361@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20051101155144.GD2168@ELSAMSW37164> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051102083856.GA652@ELSAMSW37164>
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 09:38:56AM +0100, Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 07:49:57PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
> > $ cpan String::ShellQuote
> > works out of the box.
> > $ pmq String::ShellQuote
> > 1.03 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/String/ShellQuote.pm
> > cygwin doesn't package each and every perl package.
> Fair enough. I'll add this to the the git post-install script.
Not sure that's a good idea, since "cpan String::ShellQuote" will
fetch files from the internet (are there other post-installs that do
this?). Also, if cpan has never been used before, it will go into
a lengthy configuration dialog to set up CPAN::Config.
It would be better to include with your package a git-core-config
script and document that it needs to be run before using git-core.