Re: [ITP] ploticus, libploticus, ploticus-common, ploticus-doc (revised)

> It seems that libploticus.a is simply a "convenience" library, intended
> to make building ploticus.exe (aka 'pl') easier.  It does not appear
> that the ploticus team really intended to furnish a publicly reusable
API.

> In that case, it might just be better to not distribute the library or
> the headers at all, but this decision would require further research.
> Maybe the original poster could contact the ploticus development team
> and ask their advice on packaging?

OK, sorry for the packaging problems.  It seems that I overlooked a few
things.

I think that the best thing to do right now would be just to withdraw the
libploticus package.  I think that the static library is usable, and that
it won't take long to identify and include the necessary header files.
But that will take some discussion with the ploticus author-- there's only
one-- and I'm trying to engage him on some other important design issues
right now.  I'd rather get those resolved first, then come back to
libploticus, solve the remaining problems, and reissue it as
libploticus-devel.

So what's the right way to do this?  Issue a package update for
libploticus, with a new setup.hint using category: _obsolete ?

Thanks,
Andrew.