This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: State of ddd and cygipc package
- From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:41:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: State of ddd and cygipc package
- References: <20050522154611.GA20760@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Oh yeah, and:
$ cygcheck ddd | grep cygipc
Was there something specific you saw indicating that cygipc was still
being used? If it is the setup.hint, then the setup.hint is just out of
I went on a pretty thorough campaign to get rid of packages that were
dependent upon cygipc sometime over a year ago, since it seemed to be
mostly my packages that were dependent on cygipc. I don't recall giving
up before fixing ddd :)
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Since cygserver exists for quite some time now, I'm wondering why the ddd
package still references cygipc.
I'd like to ask the ddd maintainer to come up with a new package which just
uses the cygserver IPC stuff instead of using cygipc.
The next step would be to either move the cygipc package into the _obsolete
(aka ZZZRemovedPackages) group, or remove it entirely. In case of cygipc I
think that removing the package is the way to go.