This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: maybe-ITP: bsdiff
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: "[ML] CygWin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 22:35:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: maybe-ITP: bsdiff
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On May 14 15:54, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Introduction straight from official home page
> Compiles fine on Cygwin.
> Question is: IANAL, and I don't know if his BSDPL license would be a
> problem or not. Is it?
> 2. http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/work/colin.percival/source/BSDPL.html
I don't see a problem with this license. It certainly doesn't make any
problems as part of a Cygwin distro, as long as you (the maintainer)
adhere to the BSDPL when tweaking the package for the Cygwin distro.
Since Cygwin's GPL doesn't "taint" (I hate this word) other OSS licenses(*),
there's nothing to worry about when linking against Cygwin.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.