This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:30:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv
- References: <BAY19-F390E464DFE3984CB9E1C90B5200@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 09:25:13PM -0700, Karl M wrote:
>In testing out my keychain service on a new XP system, I was thinking about
>all of the questions that have shown up on the cygwin@... list in the past
>about launching a service from a user-id other than SYSTEM. And...I was
>wondering how you(s) felt about adding the ability for cygrunsrv to change
>user-id before running the target application.
>Are there any negatives to doing it?
If there are, the cygwin list is the place to discuss it -- not here.