This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ANNOUNCEMENT NEEDED! (was Re: Please upload: Apache-1.3.33-1)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:00:14 -0400
- Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT NEEDED! (was Re: Please upload: Apache-1.3.33-1)
- References: <003501c54443$c66c2180$d44e06d5@hanna>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:23:40PM +0200, Robert Richter wrote:
>please upload a new Apache-1.3.33 package available here:
>Release focus: Update from version 1.3.29
>The Apache package contains the mod_ssl EAPI patch but no additional module
>extensions. These are part of further releases.
>Since this package is a replacement of an older version, I do not think this
>release increases the risk of conflicts with an upcoming Apache2 package.
Is there some problem with sending out a release announcement for this package?
I assumed that you were stepping up to be the maintainer of apache 1.3. That
means that you need to send an announcement and, then, you will need to
subsequently start replying to problems in the cygwin mailing list.
I don't think I performed the due diligence to discover if you were really
volunteering to be a full-time maintainer for apache 1.3. Was I mistaken in
assuming that you were?