This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] High priority bugfix for setup.exe
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:26:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] High priority bugfix for setup.exe
- References: <SERRANOXY652vKhpE2I00000199@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
Dave Korn wrote:
Heh, guess how nicely this:-
virtual void visitFile(String const &basePath, const WIN32_FIND_DATA
if (fileName.substr(fileName.size() - 5) == ".done")
bit of code plays with the file /etc/postinstall/d.sh? (Hint: fileName ==
The attached patch fixes the access violation that results from substr
indexing off the front of the string. It builds and fixes the problem in
I am confused.
First, the quoted code should not cause any error, since this is a C++
string class, not direct pointer indexing.
Second, I just installed the 'd' package, and the postinstall script was