This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem building setup.exe (zlib.h not found)
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Daniel Einspanjer" <deinspanjer at gmail dot com>, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:15:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem building setup.exe (zlib.h not found)
- References: <email@example.com>
Daniel Einspanjer wrote:
I'm trying to build setup.exe from source.
I ran into the same problem mentioned by a thread back in 2003 where
using a windows cvs.exe instead of the cygwin one caused configure to
fail, and I made it past that, but now make is failing because it
can't find zlib.h.
This is the first cygwin based build I've ever tried before. All my
other building has been msvc based. I took all my msvc stuff out of
the environment, but I'm not sure how to go about trying to
troubleshoot why g++ can't find zlib.h (obviously, I double checked to
make sure the zlib package is installed).
Could someone give me some pointers here?
Version of setup source?
If using source from CVS, have you read the README file, which now gives