This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: maintaining bash
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:18:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: maintaining bash
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <email@example.com>
"Hans W. Horn" wrote:
> This helps a lot! By working my way thru 3way-comparison of 2.05unpatched vs
> 2.05patched vs 3.0patched, I saw that many (but not all) of Pierre's patches
> must have made it back into bash mainstream.
> For some sources, however (in particular in jobs.c and subst.c) the changes
> from 2.05patched vs 3.0patched (also from 2.05patched vs 3.0unpatched) are
> In fact, so pervasive, that I don't feel that I have enough information /
> insider knowledge to apply the changes from 2.05patched to 3.0 myself.
> Would it be possible that Pierre (Pierre Humblet?) could take a look at it,
Ronalds release announcements contained a fair amount of detail about
what patches were being added:
The rest are probably the upstream ones at