This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: maintaining bash
- From: "Hans W. Horn" <hannes at 2horns dot com>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:17:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: maintaining bash
- Organization: 2horns
- References: <423AE723.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4255B3C7.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4255B8AC.2C88CDE6@dessent.net> <email@example.com> <20050408022027.GB10856@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20050410184632.GA20412@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: "Hans W. Horn" <hannes at 2horns dot com>
Corinna & Igor,
Urgh! Bold hint: ./configure --prefix=/usr
I just (con-)figured that out myself. Thx anyways!
How do I go about Pierre's pid patch?
You'll need to see exactly what it changes in the 2.05 sources, find
and modify the corresponding places in the 3.0 sources, and then (the
hardest part) test that the fix actually works.
This mysterious patch of Pierre: is it in that half-a-ton patch file that
comes with the bash-2.05b-17 sources?
If yes, hasn't anybody tried to get this patch back into bash mainstream?