This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: felis 1.0
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:58:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: felis 1.0
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <email@example.com>
"G. Adam Stanislav" wrote:
> Hello, this is my first time here, so please correct me if I am not doing
> it right.
> I would like to submit felis-1.0 as a cygwin package. Here is the
> setup.hint file (between the ====s):
Does this really need a dedicated program? Can't you achieve the same
thing with a perl or awk one-liner? Such as:
perl -ne 'print "$1 " if(m/^\s*(.*)\s*$/)' < input
The need for a dedicated program to do this escapes me... and this is
not in debian so you will find a slightly more uphill fight to get it
accepted. The fact that the manpage demonstrates it in the context of
bulk emailing does not shed a particularly good light on it.