Re: "Copyright year, year, ..." statements in setup.exe

Brian Keener wrote:
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

Setup is not Cygwin.

True true, but the only changes I have ever submitted were for Setup and when
I originally posted my first setup changes - DJ had me file an assignment. I
assumed since I had to file one, and it was essentially a community project
that we all had filed an assignment but I guess things could have changed
since then as well. Just didn't realize that someone could have a Copyright
on part of Setup.

Well, it's a mess really. Ideally, the copyright would be held on the behalf of the community. However, that (AFAIK) requires some sort of official entity to hold the copyright, which we don't have - leaving individuals the only remaining entities available to hold the copyright. Add in the problem that a large proportion of the source files state "Copyright Red Hat", though this seems to be (for the most part, anyway) just lazy assumption rather than actual transfer of copyright.

Max.