Re: "Copyright year, year, ..." statements in setup.exe

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 06:23:51PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
The "Copyright year, year, ..." have been somewhat neglected so far as
adding additional years in concerned.

Additionally, some are "Red Hat, Inc.", and others are individual
contributors.

I could use some advice on whether it is acceptable to just have a single
identical copyright header for each file, stating "portions copyright by".

When updating to include 2004, who should the attribution be to? Me? Red
Hat?

Well, it shouldn't be you, unless you want to add a "some portions copyright blah blah" line.

How about just changing everything to public domain?  Red Hat doesn't
really own any of that code.  I went out of my way to see to that.

Of course some of the code isn't public domain either...

The current list of copyright attributees is:

Red Hat, Inc.
Gary R. Van Sickle.
Robert Collins.
Jan Nieuwenhuizen.