This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please upload bash-2.05b-17
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:47:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please upload bash-2.05b-17
- References: <BAY9-F570qPzg9uV54O0001e703@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 02:24:25PM -0400, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>I've rolled up a new *test* version of Bash: bash-2.05b-17. Here's the info:
It's uploaded. Thanks *very much* for doing this.
>This is a test version because there is one "debug" output remaining. The
>conditions for it should basically never happen, but as long as it's there,
>I don't think this should become canonical.
>Please upload these and let me know so I can send an announcement. (Do we
>announce test versions on cygwin-announce, by the way? If not, I'll just
>send a message to cygwin proper)
Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. I think I may have asked that test
versions not get sent to cygwin-announce at some point in the dim past
but I don't see why it shouldn't be up to the package maintainer's
In this case, I think it is important enough to reach as wide an audience
as possible so I think it should go to cygwin-announce.