This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ATTN: basefiles, tcsh, zsh maintainers; chere updates to login scripts
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:21:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: ATTN: basefiles, tcsh, zsh maintainers; chere updates to login scripts
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 11:11:17AM -0700, Dave wrote:
>Given Igor's assertion about windows always setting the startup
>path(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-10/msg00980.html), I'd like to get
>the login scripts updated so that they work with chere.
>In that same message Igor suggested changing the name of the variable. Unless
>other scripts/programs are going to be invoking login shells in this manner, I'd
>rather leave it as is.
>The logic required is:
>If the environment variable CHERE_INVOKING is present, do not change to the
>users home directory.
>Appropriate patches to the login scripts can be found in my TEST announcement
>I have a number of updates to chere ready to go, and hope to release next week.
>You can test the updated login scripts against this new version if you wish. It
>is available at:
>(strip the .zip extension)
Just a sort of "me too":
I'd like to urge all of the package maintainers to update their packages
ASAP so that we can do things "the right way" wrt the "Cygwin Here"
functionality that so many people are clamoring for.