This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CMake 2.0.5-1 ready
- From: "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap dot rr dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:41:44 -0400
- Subject: CMake 2.0.5-1 ready
There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.0.5-1).
This is a minor release from to 2.0.3 to 2.0.5.
Changes in CMake 2.0.5:
- Fix problem on Cygwin installed with unix-file system and DOS new-lines in CMakeCache.txt.
- Fix BUG 1244 TestCXXAcceptsFlag.cmake should not run every time.
- Fix ctest double space problem with output on windows.
- Fix ctest not found test path to avoid multiple copies of the same test.
- Fix ctest regular expression for SGI remarks.
- Fix single character target in makefiles that confuses nmake.
- Fix RunSingleProgram to work with spaces in the path.
Changes in CMake 2.0.4:
- Fix ctest regular expressions for warnings and errors.
- Fix crash with MACOSX_BUNDLE and unset EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH.
- Fix missing build overview information bug in ctest.
- Fix missing notes file bug in ctest.
- Fix bug 1179, parse error with $(var) make variables.
- Fix recognition of cygwin paths starting with a drive letter.
- Fix unclosed registry key leak.
- Fix unused variable compile warning.
- Fix resource leak in win32 process spawning.
- Fix INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_PROJECT command so it works as documented.
- Fix line reporting for the FOREACH command.
- Fix Glob file case problem.
- Fix for bug 1041, _MBCS sometimes added for UNIICODE.
- Fix when CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX is not set the installer crashes.
- Fix for free Visual Studio command line tools to get correct flags.
- Fix CTest start time for other time zones.
- Fix terse error output in CTest.
- Fix argument parsing for CTest in --build stuff.
- Fix problem with RUN_TESTS target in visual studio 6 and 7 project files wrong flags for ctest.
- Fix problem with generated .h files not being recognized as header files only.
- Fix problem with spaces in the path and MinGW.
- Fix bug where cmake and CMakeSetup incorrectly always default to Visual Studio 8.
- Fix crash when adding a custom command to a non-existent source file.
- Fix crash in VS7 generator when CMAKE_CXX_STACK_SIZE is not set.
- Fix TRY_COMPILE to use CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE_CONFIGURATION from current listfile.
- Fix missing try-compile debug support for TRY_RUN.
- Fix BUG 427: Try-compile when a non-executable target is specified.
Changes in CMake 2.0.3:
- Fixes for Find/Use SWIG, better error reporting and SWIG_FLAGS work.
- initial support for VCExpress visual studio 8
- LastMemCheck.log instead of LastMemCheck.xml
- timeout for ctest build and run
- Fixes for MinGW EXEC_COMMAND
- Fixes for install on windows, to work with Release/Debug dirs
- Fixes for install to work with shared library versions
- Fixes for QT wrapping commands to not require QT_WRAP_UI to be set, but still set it
- Better error reporting for win32 process running
- PreLoad.cmake file can be in source or binary
- Tree killing for linux and ctest
- CMAKE_PROGRAM_PATH CMAKE_FILE_PATH now searched by FIND_PROGRAM and FIND_FILE
- FLTK FLTK_WRAP_UI now set for backwards compatibility
- More warning expressions for ctest
- Do not duplicate include flags for .rc files on windows.
- fix spelling errors in error messages
- report build directory used in command line cmake
- fix for bug 981, help in ccmake lost cursor position
- CMakeSetup browse buttons use current directories
- generated test driver programs flush the text menu
- Mentioned LOCATION target property in GET_TARGET_PROPERTY documentation
- Added warning to AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY command documentation.
- Fix BUG 971: command line cmake does not select good default generator.
- Fix BUG 999: Allow a project to define system name for dart submissions
- Fix BUG 997: CTest cannot handle URLs which contain a "?"
- Add support to ctest for reporting timing information.
- Fix BUG 966 VC7 generator correctly converts command line flags to GUI options.
- Fixed link-libs commands to not crash when last argument is debug/optimized.
Changes in CMake 2.0.2:
- Remove automatic -I for source directory with makefile generator.
Problems caused by this can be fixed with this command:
Or, you can set the CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.8.
- Fixed parsing of unquoted arguments to allow double-quotes within the
- Add a STREQUAL to the IF command.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: look for both Fl.h or Fl.H.
- Fix compound IF crash on unix. BUG id 917.
- Fix path problem with sub projects and IDE workspace files.
- Add a FindKDE module.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: fix for bug 915
- BUG#891: When building CMake itself, use the new cmake to install so
that the current cmake can be overwritten.
- BUG: Files in top-level directory of source tree were not reported in updates log
- Fix find library so it does not find directories.
Changes in CMake 2.0.1:
- Platform independent Install (no more install-sh);
supports pre install, post install, manifest, destdir...
faster and it works on Windows
- Add support for SWIG
- Optional support for relative paths
- INCLUDE and FIND_PACKAGE both check CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
- IF command supports better expression support, like IF(A AND B AND C)
- IF command now has a numeric EQUAL test
- MACRO's now support variable arguments
- FOREACH supports a RANGE of values genertor
- CMake supports an automatic pre-load cmake file in the source tree of a project.
- GET_TARGET_PROPERTY can give you the build location of a target.
- Loaded commands have a crash signal handler to detect crashes not caused by cmake.
- GET/SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTY/PROPERTIES commands so that we can change include directories
and get all sorts of things.
- VERBOSE build option for visual studio IDE generators.
- FIND_LIBRARY and FIND_PATH now look in CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH
environment variables in addition to and before the PATH environment variable.
- Each sub project in a project now creates a top level IDE project file so it can
be loaded independently.
- A saftey chech was added to make sure that files written using WRITE_FILE
and FILE WRITE are not used as input files which can lead to infinite loops in the build.
- Add support for adding object files and sources. This way you can use external
program such as assembler or fortran to generate object files. Also star of
fixing: Bug #757
- add .o file as a source file.
- New REMOVE_DEFINITION command, opposite to ADD_DEFINITIONS.
- CCmake support for HOME and END keys. Also fix Bug #666, in CCMake when deleting
something, it does not stop at the beginning of line.
- Fix externl projects for VS7 and VS6.
- New support for import of modules without specifying a path.
- New testing option to build and run an executable --build-and-test.
- Support for shared library versions on UNIX.
- SUBDIR command now supports PREORDER build option.
- Add support for file names with +-~ in them for borland compiler.
- Mac OSX bundle executable creation support with the ADD_EXECUTABLE command.
- CTest Support for in-source builds.
- CTest Skip tests that do not have defects.
- CTest new option -I that adds the ability to run a limited sub-set of the tests.
- CTest support for Valgrind and Purify.
- CTest New testing script support, that allows the nightly testing process to be automated.
- New Find modules: FindPHP4.cmake, FindPerlLibs.cmake, FindPike.cmake, FindRuby.cmake,
- Many bug fixes and other minor changes.
Here are the required files:
# CMake setup.hint file for cygwin setup.exe program
requires: libncurses7 cygwin
sdesc: "A cross platform build manger"
ldesc: "CMake is a cross platform build manager. It allows you to specify build parameters for C and C++ programs in a cross platform manner. For cygwin Makefiles will be generated. CMake is also capable of generating microsoft project files, nmake, and borland makefiles. CMake can also perform system inspection operations like finding installed libraries and header files."