This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Your nail works for me.
- From: mined at towo dot net
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 06:32:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Your nail works for me.
- Not-to: "Ross Smith II" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Not-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <email@example.com>
> I never got nail 11.11 to work properly. The biggest issue is nail sees all
> command line options as email addresses:
> $ echo test | nail -s "subject" firstname.lastname@example.org
> ross@durga ~
> $ smtp-server: 501 <-s>: recipient address must contain a domain
> . . . message not sent.
> Is no one else experiencing this?
I see a problem here, too, but with a different message:
smtp-server: 550 5.1.1 <-s>... User unknown
. . . message not sent.
I also have a problem receiving mail because nail does not accept
a mailbox account name containing "/". I have reported it to the
author and he says he fixed it in the CVS ("upstream").
> Only the name change aux.c -> auxiliary.c was relevant though.
Considering the weirdness of the DOS device filenames, I would
have done it shorter and sloppier, like auxx.c :)