This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] cdrtools-2.01
- From: "Ross Smith II" <cygwinspam at netebb dot com>
- To: "Corinna Vinschen" <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:59:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: [ITP] cdrtools-2.01
- References: <email@example.com> <20040917192647.GM17670@cygbert.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040920092538.GX17670@cygbert.vinschen.de>
Quoting Corinna Vinschen:
> The author provides a ProDVD edition, which is based on the same source
> as cdrecord, but contains proprietary code to access DVD drives. By
> providing a closed source application in binary only form linked against
> Cygwin, he's infringing the GPL. I've contacted Joerg by mail to solve
> this issue but until then, I'm not happy with providing the tool in the
> net distro. It feels wrong.
Any response from Joerg? It would make my life a little easier if cdrtools
was an offical package.