This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: please upload: unison-2.10.2-2 and unison-2.9.20-1
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:53:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: please upload: unison-2.10.2-2 and unison-2.9.20-1
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Am Montag, 27. September 2004 um 21:48 schriebst du:
> Changes from unison-2.10.2-1 to -2:
> - corrected build instructions in
> - added /usr/share/doc/unison/NEWS.Cygwin (Cygwin version file).
> In addition, if it's possible I'd like to request that unison-2.10.2-1 be
> _removed_ from the archive, and unison-2.9.20-1 be uploaded. Then the user
> will be able to choose between versions 2.9.20-1 or 2.10.2-2.
Yes, ok, though shouldn't have the packages entirely different names?
E.g. unison-2.9.... & unison2-2.10...
In either case, I introduced a 'prev:' tag in setup.hint, so the 2.9.20
version is tagged as 'prev' and will always be available, regardless
which other versions are in the same directory.
$ cat setup.hint
sdesc: "Synchronize collections of files on different hosts (text interface)"
ldesc: "Unison is a file synchronizer for Unix and Windows. It
allows two replicas of a collection of files and directories to be
stored on different hosts (or different disks on the same host),
modified separately, and then brought up to date by propagating the
changes in each replica to the other."