This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
please upload: unison-2.10.2-2 and unison-2.9.20-1
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epamail dot epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:48:04 -0400
- Subject: please upload: unison-2.10.2-2 and unison-2.9.20-1
- Reply-to: schulman dot andrew at epamail dot epa dot gov
Changes from unison-2.10.2-1 to -2:
- corrected build instructions in /usr/local/share/doc/Cygwin/unison-*.README.
- added /usr/share/doc/unison/NEWS.Cygwin (Cygwin version file).
In addition, if it's possible I'd like to request that unison-2.10.2-1 be
_removed_ from the archive, and unison-2.9.20-1 be uploaded. Then the user
will be able to choose between versions 2.9.20-1 or 2.10.2-2.
The reason I want to do this is because version 2.9.x and 2.10.x use different
archive formats, and hence won't talk to each other. If a user has version
2.10.x on his or her Cygwin box, but only version 2.9.x is available on
another host, then s/he will be unable to synchronize files between those two
hosts. Providing version 2.9.x as well will make it easier for users to
install a version that will work with other hosts.
Since the setup utility only supports two different versions at a time of a
package, I'd like to remove version 2.10.2-1 and substitute 2.9.20-1 for it.