Re: Pre-ITP: apache/mod_php

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
Hello Reini,
Since the test fails configure thinks that db or ldap libraries are
not available.

AARGH!
incorrect c and lib order.
a typical php configure problem. before I had this with gd also. some
versions even were dependent on the order of the --with-<module> statements.

but it can easily be patched on our side.

Yes? How? I removed ldap from the build list.

By the gbs, which patches/fixes the Makefile after the configure run :) a sed or perl line maybe.

I'm just too lazy to understand ext/ldap/config.m4
If someone is able to fix that, it should be fixed upstream.
Wonder why it doesn't fail on linux then...

With db it is the
same, there I hardcoded db as lib in the .m4 file so I don't care what
the compile test says, but for ldap is the .m4 somewhat bigger and I
don't see where to patch here.

true. someone at the php-dev list should be able to answer and fix this, with our sample provided. you, brian or me? I really don't want to.

What is the general rule of thumb with the shared lib and CLI & CGI
executables?  Put all global objects in the library, put the sapi
objects into the CGI exe and the CLI objects in the CLI exe?

before some time the cli and cgi exe have been the same. they just seperated it lately, so that the cli is smaller and faster. no special server env's, fastcgi support. cgi has the -b switch, and cli got the
PHP_MODE_CLI_DIRECT mode.

all exe and sapi modules should just the use main shared /usr/bin/cygphp4.dll (or php4ts.dll as it is called on the windows side)

Should it be possible then to use my modules with Brian's DLL?

hopefully, if it's relocatable.
otherwise just phpize your extension again. that's quite easy and works fine.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/