This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ITP] clamav-0.75.1-1 - A GPL virus scanner
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:54:51 +0200
- Subject: [ITP] clamav-0.75.1-1 - A GPL virus scanner
I want to contribute and maintain clamav, the GNU virus scanner.
It builds OOTB without libmilter support. exim/fetchmail integration
pending. All tests are passing.
There are several windows UI's, the one in contrib/Windows doesn't build
with cygwin/mingw so far, but I will try to fix this upstream with the
freshclam, the automatic updater is called on postinstall.sh, but no
cronjob is added.
They update the engine quite often (weekly - two weeks), so it's good to
have a simple binary install, pffh. The database is updated more often
(daily to 3 times a day).
But it doesn't find the new SDBot.UJ sniffer yet. Which free engine does?
sdesc: "A GPL virus scanner"
requires: cygwin gmp bzip2 zlib
ldesc: "Clam AntiVirus is a GPL anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, featuring:
* command-line scanner
* fast, multi-threaded daemon
* milter interface for sendmail (not applicable)
* database updater with support for digital signatures
* virus scanner C library
* on-access scanning (Linux and FreeBSD)
* detection of over 20000 viruses, worms and trojans
* built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip2
* built-in support for Mbox, Maildir and raw mail files
More information at http://clamav.net/
This binary distribution was built without the Windows UI.
You can use clamavwin instead."