This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [setup] [PATCH] Redirect stdin from /dev/null when runningpostinstall scripts
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:17:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [setup] [PATCH] Redirect stdin from /dev/null when runningpostinstall scripts
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> The patch below redirects stdin from /dev/null when running postinstall
> scripts, so that installation doesn't hang if a program called from a
> postinstall script decides to ask the user something. AFAICS, this is
> against the CVS HEAD.
But then what happens with the script that requested user input ? Isn't it
possible that the package would end up misconfigured ?