Re: Attn: libxml2 maintainer - incorrect dependency

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> It lists python as dependencies because there are binaries included
> which require python.  Maybe a better solution would be to put the
> python module into a separate package instead of simply dropping the
> dependecy?

Yes, that would be an alternative solution.

But, I do not think that dropping the python dependency will inconvenience anyone - the current libxml2 package provides python
bindings, which are useful if you also have python installed. If you do not have python installed, they are harmless, just wasting
disk space. But, installing libxml2 should not force an install of python as it currently does, because that is an unnecessary large
download.

Max.