This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Attn: libxml2 maintainer - incorrect dependency
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:47:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: Attn: libxml2 maintainer - incorrect dependency
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Am Freitag, 25. Juni 2004 um 15:58 schriebst du:
> libxml2 is marked as depending on python.
> However, it is perfectly possible to use the libxml2 dll from C code
> without python.
> Yes, the libxml2 package does also include some python stuff, but
> it shouldn't force python to be installed.
We should have a global rule for those issues. It would be perfect
if I could remove those kind of dependencies, e.g. it would be
possible to include plugins for programs that are not available via
the cygwin mirrors, i.e. I think of perl modules like e.g DBD::MySql
or DBD::Oracle (which would be nice to have).