This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CMake 2.0.2-1 ready
- From: "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap dot rr dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:53:38 -0400
- Subject: CMake 2.0.2-1 ready
There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.0.2).
This is a major release from 1.8.3 to 2.0.2
Changes in CMake 2.0.2:
- Remove automatic -I for source directory with makefile generator.
Problems caused by this can be fixed with this command:
Or, you can set the CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.8.
- Fixed parsing of unquoted arguments to allow double-quotes within the
- Add a STREQUAL to the IF command.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: look for both Fl.h or Fl.H.
- Fix compound IF crash on unix. BUG id 917.
- Fix path problem with sub projects and IDE workspace files.
- Add a FindKDE module.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: fix for bug 915
- BUG#891: When building CMake itself, use the new cmake to install so
that the current cmake can be overwritten.
- BUG: Files in top-level directory of source tree were not reported in updates log
- Fix find library so it does not find directories.
Changes in CMake 2.0.1:
- Platform independent Install (no more install-sh); supports pre install, post install, manifest, destdir...; faster and it works on Windows
- Add support for SWIG
- Optional support for relative paths
- INCLUDE and FIND_PACKAGE both check CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
- IF command supports better expression support, like IF(A AND B AND C)
- IF command now has a numeric EQUAL test
- MACRO's now support variable arguments
- FOREACH supports a RANGE of values genertor
- CMake supports an automatic pre-load cmake file in the source tree of a project.
- GET_TARGET_PROPERTY can give you the build location of a target.
- Loaded commands have a crash signal handler to detect crashes not caused by cmake.
- GET/SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTY/PROPERTIES commands so that we can change include directories
and get all sorts of things.
- VEBOSE build option for visual studio IDE generators.
- FIND_LIBRARY and FIND_PATH now look in CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH
environment variables in addition to and before the PATH environment variable.
- Each sub project in a project now creates a top level IDE project file so it can
be loaded independently.
- A saftey chech was added to make sure that files written using WRITE_FILE
and FILE WRITE are not used as input files which can lead to infinite loops in the build.
- Add support for adding object files and sources. This way you can use external
program such as assembler or fortran to generate object files. Also star of
fixing: Bug #757
- add .o file as a source file.
- New REMOVE_DEFINITION command, opposite to ADD_DEFINITIONS.
- CCmake support for HOME and END keys. Also fix Bug #666, in CCMake when deleting
something, it does not stop at the beginning of line.
- Fix externl projects for VS7 and VS6.
- New support for import of modules without specifying a path.
- New testing option to build and run an executable --build-and-test.
- Support for shared library versions on UNIX.
- SUBDIR command now supports PREORDER build option.
- Add support for file names with +-~ in them for borland compiler.
- Mac OSX bundle executable creation support with the ADD_EXECUTABLE command.
- CTest Support for in-source builds.
- CTest Skip tests that do not have defects.
- CTest new option -I that adds the ability to run a limited sub-set of the tests.
- CTest support for Valgrind and Purify.
- CTest New testing script support, that allows the nightly testing process to be automated.
- New Find modules: FindPHP4.cmake, FindPerlLibs.cmake, FindPike.cmake, FindRuby.cmake, FindSWIG.cmake, UseSWIG.cmake
- Many bug fixes and other minor changes.
Here are the required files:
# CMake setup.hint file for cygwin setup.exe program
requires: libncurses7 cygwin
sdesc: "A cross platform build manger"
ldesc: "CMake is a cross platform build manager. It allows you to specify build parameters for C and C++ programs in a cross platform manner. For cygwin Makefiles will be generated. CMake is also capable of generating microsoft project files, nmake, and borland makefiles. CMake can also perform system inspection operations like finding installed libraries and header files."