This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [HEADSUP] A new policy. First victim: Gerrit
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:58:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] A new policy. First victim: Gerrit
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <20040610124325.GM7002@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
> For a start, we (cgf and I, that is) grant Gerrit the right, to add new
> package to the Cygwin net distro without review and by just getting one
> vote, if nobody else vetos the package within a week.
> As a small payback it would be nice from you, Gerrit, to review ITP'd
> packages from other people. Would that be ok with you?
Yes, ok, I'll try to do reviews more often anyway.
> Since my subject refers to Gerrit as the *first* victim: We would like
> to give other contributors the same rights, but we also still need
> reviewing of other packages. So we would like to introduce this small
> deal: If you are maintaining at least three packages in the distro,
> you can opt for the right to get new packages in without review and with
> just one vote, if
> - you include a statement in your ITP along the lines of "I've successfully
> tried to install and use my own binary package and I did run through the
> complete build process of my own source archive from scratch and it
> worked fine."
> - you review another ITP'd package.
> Does that sound fair?