This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New Package: libmng-1.6.0-1 (thank you)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:34:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: New Package: libmng-1.6.0-1 (thank you)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 06:33:56PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
>To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
>"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
>email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Thank you for including this, Gerrit.
Would you mind including the additional text:
>Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
>starting at this URL.
in future announcements?
It seems like the VAST majority of people who have problems
unsubscribing need to be pointed at a web page and, as strange as it
sounds, need to be told to keep reading through all of the unsubscribe
I don't know if this text in cygwin-announce has ever actually helped
anyone but when I tell problem unsubscribers who claim they've "tried
everything" that they need to keep reading the web page, I only very
rarely ever hear from them again.