This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:45:41 +0200
- Subject: [ITP] libart_lgpl-2.3.16
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
I want to contribute/maintain libart_lgpl.
It is used in some GNOME applications, i.e. in GIMP for vector
category: Graphics Libs
sdesc: "library for high-performance 2D graphics"
ldesc: "Libart is a library for high-performance 2D graphics. It is
currently being used as the antialiased rendering engine for the
Gnome Canvas. It is also the rendering engine for Gill, the Gnome
Libart is free software (all components are either GPL or LGPL).
Libart is also available for commercial licensing. I own the
copyright to the libart code base.
Libart supports a very powerful imaging model, basically the same as
SVG and the Java 2D API. It includes all PostScript imaging
operations, and adds antialiasing and alpha-transparency.
Libart is also highly tuned for incremental rendering. It contains
data structures and algorithms suited to rapid, precise computation
of Region of Interest, as well as a two-phase rendering pipeline
optimized for interactive display."