Re: Heads Up: cygwin/X no longer dependent on cygipc

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:05:10PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>I recompiled and posted a new build of the Cygwin/X package that were
>previously dependent on cygipc against cygserver instead.  All
>setup.hint files for Cygwin/X packages and other X packages maintained
>by myself (not requiring a rebuild) have been updated to no longer
>require cygipc.
>
>I still need to update (rebuild required):
>*** GraphicsMagick
>    *** libGraphicsMagick-devel
>    *** libGraphicsMagick0
>*** ImageMagick
>    *** libMagick-devel
>    *** libMagick6
>
>Others need to update setup.hint's for (no rebuild required):
>*** gd
>    *** libgd-devel
>    *** libgd2
>*** gnuplot
>*** gv
>*** xemacs
>
>Others need to rebuild:
>*** postgresql
>
>Looks like we are only 3 package rebuilds away from no longer requiring
>cygipc... not to say that it would be wise to immediately pull it from
>distribution, but at least we would be one step closer.

I find it hard to believe that all of the above packages actually
directly rely on cygpic.  I suspect that most of these are bypassing the
rule of not including dependencies of packages from the "Required" line
in setup.hint.  So, most of the cygpic's (and probably a lot of other
dependencies) should probably be dropped.

cgf