Re: emacs / libICE.dll

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Mar 9 14:03, Oodini wrote:

Hello,

I've just installed Cygwin on Windows 2000 to learn Unix stuff, and I don't succeed to run emacs.

Windows looks for the missing dll libICE.dll.

Please note that I don't know Unix, except some basic command.

Thanks for help.

Wrong mailing list. Try

Well, sort of, but we need to discuss this here as well. I have been telling people that the lib*.dll libraries for Cygwin/X would be going away for a few months now and apparently the emacs maintainer has not had a chance to recompile their package in 8 months.

emacs really needs to get rebuilt since I will be pulling thos lib*.dll libraries from the distribution within the next week or so.

On a side note, emacs must have been missing XFree86-lib-compat as dependency in setup.hint for about 8 months now; this would explain why this user does not have those libraries.

Harold