Re: [UPDATE] apache-1.3.29-2 repackaged (incl. security fix)

On 2004-02-10T23:36+0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
) Daniel Reed wrote:
) > Offhand the Cygwin-specific README is misnamed
) > (usr/share/doc/Cygwin/apache-1.3.29-1.README for Apache 1.3.29-2), and the
) > documentation is in the somewhat confusing
) > usr/share/doc/apache-1.3.29-eapi/, but neither of thise are show stoppers.
) ups, correct, missed to rename the README to the new patch revision.
) Should I change that quickly?

I have already uploaded the package, so any changes made now would have to
increase the release number. I do not believe this change would be worth
having everyone download the entire package again.

) the apache-1.3.29-eapi is because the source is including the EAPI
) (enhanced API) from mod_ssl. This is needed due to the fact that we
) can have mod_ssl as a seperate package. I think this is definetly a
) good naming, since on the other hand people may think that this is the
) "pure" core API, which in fact is not the case.

If this is a major difference, you might do better having the package itself
be named "apache-eapi", and leaving the documentation scheme unmodified (so
your documentation would be in usr/share/doc/apache-eapi-1.3.29-1/). The
convention is to use usr/share/doc/PACKAGE-VERSION/ or
usr/share/doc/PACKAGE-VERSION-RELEASE/ .

--
Daniel Reed <n@ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
fools. -- Douglas Adams, Novelist