This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [UPDATE] apache-1.3.29-1 ready for testing and upload
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:16:48 -0800
- Subject: Re: [UPDATE] apache-1.3.29-1 ready for testing and upload
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <400DDFD6.C9905653@wapme-systems.de>
Stipe Tolj wrote:
> the packageing has been made the same way as old 1.3.24-5. So please
> no complains about this. If you have suggestions, please post. I'm
> open to those ;)
You're using "configure --with-eapi-only --with-apache=" from mod_ssl to
patch in EAPI, right? When you do this it leaves a backup copy for
every file it patches, which in turn gets included in the Cygwin patch
as new files, which contributes to its large size. If you nuke all
*.orig after the EAPI patch, it should cut it down a lot.
You might also want to just put a blurb in the README about how to run
it as a service. I don't remember now what all is involved but I
remember having some difficulty the first time I tried. I think it
centered around having to "chown SYSTEM:SYSTEM" the logs, or something
like that. A rebaseall might have also been required.