This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
AW: HEADSUP: cygserver now has MSG, SEM and SHM support
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:02:49 +0100
- Subject: AW: HEADSUP: cygserver now has MSG, SEM and SHM support
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Ok, I don't know how that's implemented in cygipc so I think it might
> be necessary to mention that:
> The implementation of the MSG, SEM and SHM functions in Cygwin are so
> that if the functions are not available (be it that CYGWIN doesn't
> contain the word "server" or Cygserver isn't running) not only set
> errno to ENOSYS, but they also raise a SIGSYS.
> So it's crucial that your code handles that signal. At least, it
> should ignore it (signal(SISYS, SIG_IGN)).
for the Xserver that means, that the shm initialisation code has to be
changed to the detecting code used by FreeBSD and friends
(CheckForShmSyscall() in Xserver/Xext/shm.c and Xserver/Xext/xf86bigfont.c)
The cygipc-related stuff could then be removed in both files.