This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] Globally creating a user and a group "root"
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: "'cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:24:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Globally creating a user and a group "root"
- References: <CCD084B0E779D411A70300508B66222605A330E0@exchukahis02.experian.co.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 09:58:52AM -0000, Morrison, John wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I don't know exactly
> > but it's possible that W2K doesn't have these SeDenyWhatever user
> > rights.
> editrights -a SeDenyRemoteInteractiveLogonRight -u root
> was the one that failed. Would it be best (assuming these
> last 3 are optional) to 2> /dev/null them? Is there any other info
> that would help?
Er... only this one? Hmm, that makes sense, sort of. Look like
this right only exist since XP.
I'm reluctant to devnull them. There might be a real error covered
when doing this. I'll better add another variable to check if running
under XP or newer.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.