This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: non-setup information in setup.hint (was Re: Maintainers/Packages List, 2003
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:54:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: non-setup information in setup.hint (was Re: Maintainers/Packages List, 2003
- References: <BAY7-F1712xEXYT3wt100010815@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:10:51AM +0000, David F wrote:
>>) We could decide on a comment convention for setup.hint that could be
>>) used for some other tool to process:
>>) #!binary only
>>That works, or maybe even #!binary-only and either let multiple flags be on
>>one line or allow flags to have arguments.
>It's a bit contrived, but...
A *bit* contrived?
>bash: ./setup.hint: binary-only: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>Perhaps the special comment should be something other than the shebang?
>Just a thought.
I pledge to never try to execute setup.hints and be confused by the
output if I see the above. I certainly hope that the rest of the cygwin
maintainers take that pledge as well.