This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Ready for upload: keychain-2.0.3-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:09:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Ready for upload: keychain-2.0.3-1
- References: <3FBFB493.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 08:10:11PM +0100, Hack Kampbjorn wrote:
>setup.hint (same as on cygwin.com)
>sdesc: "An OpenSSH key manager"
>ldesc: "Keychain is an OpenSSH key manager, typically run from
>~/.bash_profile. When run, it will make sure ssh-agent is running; if
>not, it will start ssh-agent. It will redirect ssh-agent's output to
>~/.ssh-agent, so that cron jobs that need to use ssh-agent keys can
>simply source this file and make the necessary passwordless ssh
>connections. In addition, when keychain runs, it will check with
>ssh-agent and make sure that the ssh RSA/DSA keys that you specified on
>the keychain command line have actually been added to ssh-agent. If not,
>you are prompted for the appropriate passphrases so that they can be
>added by keychain."
># cygwin contains kill and ps
># sh-utils contains uname and whoami
>requires: ssh bash grep gawk sh-utils cygwin
The package name is "openssh".